Short Trail Description
Pyrenees riding tour: canyons, table mountains and volcanoes
The horse riding adventure "Trail of Bandits" is based on the biography of the famous "bandolero" Joan Sala Serrallonga, the Catalonian Robin Hood. In north-east Spain, the bandit Serrallonga wandered around the mountains of Guilleries and Garrotxa during the 17th century. The vast pathless area of woodland offered good hiding places to outlaws. Canyons, table mountains and volcanoes rise up in this wild landscape. Rivers, lakes and waterfalls provide pleasant refreshment. In the picturesque villages, there are still stories told about the gangs of thieves and the Catalan rebels. Today we find an incredible riding paradise where outlaws once hid. The trail of bandits is an extremely diversified horse riding trek through massive canyons, table mountains and volcanoes.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights / 6 Riding Days
- 4 - 12 Riders
Highlights & Facts
Trail of the four seasons:
- Spring: the soft green of the deciduous forests
- Summer: comfortable climate on the high plateau
- Autumn: colouring of the leaves - "Indian Summer"
- Winter: snow rides
- Accommodation at Jordis cozy horse farm
- Picnic at the foot of the table mountain
- Sunrise at the monastery "El Far", at the highest point of the Table Mountain
The fresh tender green of the deciduous trees in May and the autumnal colouring of the “Indian summer” in October and November make this extraordinary riding tour magical!