Short Trail Description
The Trail of Outlaws is a border-crossing Catalonia-trail, between France and Spain, from the peaks of the High Pyrenees to the Mediterranean. This 200 km trail leads us to a diverse and wild landscape. It is a challenging ride for experienced trail-riders.
The Catalan Pyrenees along the French-Spanish border used to be the refuge for legendary bands of outlaws, the so-called ‘Trabucaires’.
The ‘Trabuc’ is a firearm with a trumpet-shaped muzzle. It is a dangerous and very effective weapon that was loaded with powder and tiny pieces of iron. Those bandits who were wearing the ‘Trabuc’ were called Trabucaires.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights / 6 Riding Days
- 3 - 12 Riders
- Mountain & Sea
- Mediterranean Coastal Area
Highlights & Facts
- Long Catalonia Trail over 200 km
- Two countries, France and Spain
- Albera Nature Park
- Abandoned medieval castle in the dense forest
- Beach gallop in the bay of Roses
- Most challenging round Trail of Catalonia
Good footwear is very helpful for Catalonia's longest round trip. In the mountains, often we must walk and lead the horses.