The Dali Trail is a long tour with varying terrain. We ride over rolling farmland to the sea which ends at Cap de Creus, a very rocky and unspoilt peninsula of the Mediterranean Sea. The terrain also changes the character of the trail. Lively riding days dominate the beginning of the route. The beach ride is a special experience for both horse and rider and good control of your horse is required. Towards the end of the tour some steep climbs over the rugged coastal mountains determine the trail course.
Every day you will spend 3-6 hours riding and therefore the trail requires fitness and security in the saddle. Following Dali's traces on horseback will be fascinating for experienced riders.
- Riding program as described
- 8 days with 7 nights in a double room with shower and toilet, of which 1-2 nights' accommodation may be with a shared shower and toilet, 6 riding days
- Arrival day dinner included/departure day breakfast included
- 6 Riding days half board including wine
- Tax on stays in tourist establishments
- Transportation of luggage
- Local transfers during the trail
Not included services
- Flight or public transport (on arrival and on departure), taxi
- Collective airport transfer from/to Girona 45,- Euro/one way; from/to Barcelona 60,- Euro/one way. Arrival with own car 60,- Euro (due to the distance of starting and ending point of the trail)
- Restaurant & Catering services during the ride: 80,- Euro (payable locally at the first dinner)
- Entrance fees to Museums and Monuments
- Drinks/food in bars
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
- Coffee at dinner
- Tips for the team and other services
- First day: on arrival dinner is at approx. 9 p.m.
- Last day: before departure breakfast is at approx. 9 a.m.
- Due to local conditions, a route change or amendment may be necessary.
- The Dalí Trail can be ridden in both directions.
- The tour operator reserves the right to substitute the described accommodations by equivalent if necessary.
Single Room / Double Room / "Half Double Room"
Single rooms cannot always be guaranteed though booked. If a previously confirmed single room is not available, the guest is entitled to a refund of the price paid for those nights surcharge.
Single travellers have the option to book a "Half Double Room".
Half double rooms for bookings 60 days prior to departure can only be booked, if at that time a same-gender customer is also waiting for a roommate. If this is not the case, we will book a single room with the regular, advertised surcharge.
- Single room supplement + 30,- Euro/night
- Collective group transfer at 5:30 p.m., meeting point at the airport is in Terminal T1 in front of the Café TRAMOYA at the Group Meeting Point North located opposite from the "Oficina de Turisme" (after customs on the right).
- Please Note! If you arrive at Terminal T2 all five minutes a free shuttle bus brings you to Terminal T1!
Please book your flight on the day of departure from 2:30 p.m. onwards!
- Collective group transfer at 6:30 p.m. The meeting point at the airport is in front of Café CAFFRICCIO in the arrivals hall.
- Please book your flight on the day of departure from 1:00 p.m. onwards!
If the arranged transfer times do not fit with your arrival and departure times, we would be happy to organize a taxi for you (about €80-€120 from Girona, €240-€280 from Barcelona, depending on the trail start/end points). Other arrival and departure destinations provided on request.
Please Note: The transfer times can vary depending on flight arrival times/delays from other guests/traffic etc. Please be patient in these cases!Transfers & Caterings
With a small group surcharge in case the minimum number of participants is not reached. (only on demand)
Important notice to all customers!
All trail itineraries are general guidelines and in order to offer our customers the best riding holiday experience we make occasional changes.
Depending on the number of concurrent trails, the season, the weather and national holidays, we may make alterations to itineraries at short-notice, which could affect the number of riding hours per day, the route we take to any given destination or the use of alternative accommodation. Trails can also be ridden in both directions. All changes are at our discretion but when changes are made, we endeavour to ensure that our high standards of quality are maintained and reflected in the alternatives we choose.
(*) It is specified in the Coastal Law (Law 22/1988, of 28 July) and the regulations surrounding it (Royal Decree 1471/1989, of 1 December), that excursions operated in places of maritime public domain should not be for profit. We would like to advise that we do not charge for riding on any beach and therefore that part of any ride is free of charge.
Presentation, organization, photos and information by Rudi Stolz